Hi there! I am a self-proclaimed Anime Otaku! Because.. Well.. Anime is sweet, has lots of genres and pretty much makes my day.
I'm horrible at writing profile text, let it be some secondary social network or simply an assignment about myself. So I'll keep this short.
I am (particulary) fan of:
- Shounen Ai: Who doesn't like to see two "pretty boys" kissing / have romantical feelings?
- Comedy: Well, because Comedy is the icebreaker, it tend to open my heart and let the laugh slowly, but safely empty my head.
- Drama: What happends when someone you like disappears? Or even gets killed? Some tearful moments are tearful, thus I'm drawn like a magnet.
- Shoujo: Shoujo and Drama / Romance.. It's a good combi, if you ask me. Lots of lovely moments where one can shrug him-/herself in the moment and squeal "nyaa~"
- Shounen: Naruto fans raise your hands! *Raise Hands* Bleach fans raise your hands! *Raise Hands* ... You get the drill. And what else isn't better than Shounen with a hint of
- Action: Seeing that a fight draws near and blood gushing out. Ah, the thrill.
With that being said, I also actually have some genres I pretty much HATE. Want to know why?
- Sports: Seeing them aiming to be the worlds best "Insert X Sports", makes me want to maul my eyes out. Then again, having it as a by-theme / by-genre in other anime is doable. Like Kimi ni Todoke where the main male protagonist (Kazehaya Shouta) plays baseball. Now that was lovely~
- Sci Fi: Did you know that I hate Star Wars? Simply because Sci Fi does NOT make any sense to me at all. Therefore I don't like it. However, as stated above, having it as a by-theme wouldn't hurt. Heck, Gintama is all about Sci Fi in the anime world and I love it. But the series is mainly shounen / comedy / parody, so that's pretty much what keeps me going.
- Magical Girl: Hate it. Absolutely hate it. I can't really find something that would "bump" this genre. I'd rather see Sci Fi my whole life than seeing a season of Magical Girl anime. Did enjoy Shugo Chara, though, albeit halfway through the series.
Well, this pretty much described my passion about the different genres. I'll see if I can get some time to edit this text, but this'll have to do for now!
Edit: Sliiiightly updated after 5 years.
Shamelessly stolen from someone else here (although small changes to it), but still applies to my scores.
5 Stars: Hooked me from start to finish.
4.5 Stars: Greatly worthwhile watch.
4 Stars: Worthwhile watch.
3.5 Stars: Well, it's a bit worth watching. On the border.
3- Stars: 3.5 stars are a bit worthy to watch. 3 and less? No, not at all. Don't bother.