Shampoliny's avatar

• Joined Jan 14, 2020

Noragami

Nov 22, 2020

(SPOILERS) (2020 review)
Noragami is an story about an god and a human accompanying eachothers.
It focuses alot on character developements, and really shows how dedicated these characters are towards eachother.
It was made in 2014 but still has great animations and sounds that lives up to even now 6 years laiter.

Story 7/10
The begining was interesting and didnt reveal alot, but the opening reveals alot of Yato as an character.
I havent seen any story focusing on gods and phantoms, and that gods are the ones that exterminates phantoms.
Phantoms are basically creature that gets created due to human feelings, and manifest those feelings.
The we have alot of ''known'' gods and minor gods as Yato the mc in the story.
Its original and fun story.

Animation 7/10
The animation is great and lives up to even now (2020) Ive seen worse animation (Kingdom) but then again animation doesnt add to much value except eye pleasure, the story and characters are what matters.

Sound 7/10
The voice acting is spot on if you watch the sub version, idk about the dub version though.
The op wasnt really for me, but when it started playing on the last episode it still hit me like a truck.
It combines music and action really well togheter.

Characters 8/10
Im a bit conflicted when it comes to this, the Characters, character interaction and character developements are really good.
I didnt really dislike any of them except Yukine in the begining. I feel conflicted due to Yato's character cause he can be really seriouse at some point and then crack jokes like nothing happened. But im glad we got some backstory on Yato, but i would like to see his previous relation with Kazuma as well to understand why Kazuma can respect him yet be enemy with him.

Overall 7.5/10
Its enjoyable and original, i recomend watching this if you want a change of pace.

(My bad for any misspelings or wrong grammars)