SecretOtaku's avatar

SecretOtaku

• Joined Nov 24, 2019

Hotarubi no Mori e

Dec 2, 2019

If you are too lazy to read through the whole review, then the summary is YOU SHOULD WATCH IT, ITS WORTH IT.

Without spoiling too much, the story is a short, simple and sweet tale of a girl who meets a forest spirit.  Their friendship is so heartwarming and pure.  This anime movie is around 40 minutes but these 40 minutes of my life was not wasted.  I actually watched an AMV of this and i was already crying (The AMV is here but there is a spoiler in it so watch it after the movie).  When i watched the movie, my poor heart couldnt survive.  Even though the ending is heartbreaking, i am very satisfied with it.  I think it was a perfect end to such a beautiful movie.

The animation was just amazing.  The background art was so freaking nice.  The reason i didnt rate the animation as high as the other is because, the girl's hair bothered me a bit.  And that took away a point from the animation for me since she is the MC of the anime.  The last scene, was also very nice with all the light pieces and stuff (trying not to spoil the ending).

I normally don't pay attention to the sound of most animes so i can't really rate it.

The characters.  I loved Gin (Forest spirit) so much.  He is a bundle of kindness and he is so heartwarming.  The MC's reaction to the last scene got me bawling in seconds.  Throughout the movie, her character is realistic and so playful.  I can honestly say i love them both so much.  The characters were portrayed amazingly well.

I don't regret watching this.  I love this so much.  I can't say it is my favourite since it was only 40 minutes but it definately makes it to my top ten.  I already said this but YOU SHOULD WATCH IT, ITS WORTH IT.