SavannahPanda3's avatar

SavannahPanda3

• Joined Nov 15, 2014

Masamune-kun's Revenge

Jul 20, 2017

So I like the plot well enough, I definitely haven't seen a revenge based anime before that is also pretty light hearted and I liked it. However, the anime goes along great up until episode 10 then it starts falling down hill very fast. What could have been a simple and logical ending to the anime was over complicated and left to many unsolved questions, confusion, and a little anger. The last episode didn't help at all since the vast majority of the episode was filler. THE LAST EPISODE WAS F*CK*NG FILLER WHAT!?!?!?!?! I just don't understand what they were thinking.

The animation is what is nothing special just normal for a 2017 anime. That goes for the English Dub sound as well- funimation did a good job with Aki's voice though I really liked it.

The characters are pretty diverse and I love that Aki has an illness that she cleverly keeps secret. And while Masamune can get a little annoying with his quest for vengence and can be a little dence and surprisingly stupid about how to woo women he's pretty likable.

Yoshino is bland but threatening and unique. Otherwise from her weird intellect she's kind of forgettable just like the majority of characters in this anime. With a couple scenes with a couple other characters.

And also, Masamune in a whole is a bit of a dummy head he has this wonderful girl who really likes him and he just turns her away because he's so focused on his revenge. ugh

What a waste of a last episode. This anime was a solid 8/10 before the last 3 episodes now it's more like a 6/10.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or