SaintSeiya's avatar

• Joined Jul 26, 2016

A Girl on the Shore

Sep 13, 2016

"A Girl on the Shore"

First of all: this is my first review ever.

I'm writing this because, after reading this piece of art, I need to share my opinion about it.

This manga is simply one of the best things I've ever read. Really. The entire opera is about a painful, full of sorrow, story of something like "love". This lovelike thing, during the story, grows; It begins dirty, bleak, afwul. You'll read, you'll see things unthinkable, things that will make you say: "Eew! Gross!". But, 'cause there's a but, you'll find so much woesome beauty. Beauty that simply transcends the mere meaning of the word itself, this beauty is something that simply grab your heart and squeezes it until you'll sense it.

However, how can I describe you the sensation wich I'm talking about without mentioning the artwork? This manga is really well drawn. The art made by Inio Asano is simply full of lightness, almost fragile, and the art has to be light to be beautiful. Sequences are so poethic and full of pathos. They drive you to see, to discover, and feel deep the intimacy of the characters life or actions.

Talking about the character is a thing that I prefer not to do. But I'm sure that you'll love them, hate them, cry, laugh, or whatever will be in your chords because they are so human for better or for worse. And this is a damn important thing.

Anyway, if I could give you an advice: stop reading this and go to read "A girl on the Shore". It's a real masterpiece and it will leave you something inside. It may be like a punch in the belly, a caress, a sensation of disgust, or maybe you'll shed a bittersweet tear for this truly artistic experience.