Rudeboy's avatar

Rudeboy

• Auckland, New Zealand
  • Joined Mar 14, 2018

Gorgeous animation style and some very charismatic characters but sadly that's where it all ended for me. Most people will say that they didn't like the last 2 episodes of the show but I'd say that the issues with the show happened much earlier.

I was suppose to care for these dragons and the bond between the dragon and the main protagonist but it just never did it for me due to the inconsistencies of how the girl and the dragon react to certain situations.

The whole concept of the show seems to be about caring for the people that you love and following your heart while making some tough choices in life to protect those that you love but it becomes hard to get something like that across when your other main character, a dragon, can't express himself at all. Most of the time these dragons just act up and we play a guessing game with the main characters about why they do the things they do.

So one time the dragon rejects the girls, the next time they don't and while you're trying to figure out why these things are happening you come to the conclusion that nothing has really ever changed. These dragons just can't express themselves which the director uses to manipulate the main character into moving into certain directions.

Dope artstyle, dope characters but I'm not a fan of our transforming dragons...