Ritslou's avatar

• Joined Nov 23, 2016
  • 31

Feng Ling Yu Xiu

Apr 8, 2021

A work of art that makes me want to continue watching a great but sometimes hard to follow adventure. This adventure starts out basically near the beginning of the journey at least I think, you don't get introductions to the characters or learn about their past right away but eventually you warm up to them. The animation style is unique and pretty well done, it looks as though it was on canvas like oil paintings you can see a texture as a base that looks like canvas, it seemed weird at first but the story takes place in old China so it fits and it really looks great almost like a moving painting. The story was a bit hard to follow but thats mostly due to poor subs and being in Chinese just makes it a bit more difficult, I cannot fault this anime for having incorrect or sometimes incoherent subs. The story follows a martial artist and a thief who are friends who eventually get roped into a sort of conspiracy, the main appeal to this show are the characters and the action/fight scenes, Yuxiu the main character is a powerful yet very kind martial artist and Ling is a thief who just hangs out with her sometimes causing mischief. The action sequences are really a sight to see and are a joy to watch, during some episodes I kept wanting to continue to see how things played out.

Overall a fun experience that was a bit hard to follow but kept me coming back for more.