RISA || 31 || AUSTRIA || THEY / SHE
WATCHING ANIME SINCE CA. 20+ YEARS
... AND STILL SHOUNENTRASH (SOMETIMES)
I like to talk to people online, but I rarely reply regularly (or sometimes I do, sometimes I don't) and don't have really lot of actual friends I made online nowadays. Sorry, I just don't have the time and energy for actual online friendships anymore.
It's nothing personal against you, if I don't reply for some time / regularly.
ABOUT THAT NERD
Love fiction (all kind of fiction; mostly anime, but I also like reading sometimes, watching live action series and movies and sometimes other stuff like videogames or creepypastas etc.), writing, DnD and other pen and paper games
In general I love dark fantasy and horror media, including creepypastas, urban legends and SCPs.
OTHER STUFF ABOUT ME
I'm also a weird, queer existence ... and my obsessed ass decided when I've been a kid I will have a lifelong obsession with fictional media, specifically anime and manga. And Pokemon, and uhm biology and dinosaurs, I guess. So, here I am, because my weird mind once said I'm obsessed with drawings. Actual footage of me as a kid.
I studied biology and changed subjects now to computer science and medical computer science.
(Information, if your are here for Secret Santa! And in general just lot of random thoughts.)
But if you are overwhelmed by my list, just force me to watch something on my plan to watch or on my stalled-list.
Please don't give me a series above 45~50+ episodes for a Secret Santa event or recommend to me in general, except it's already on my list.
I don't have any specific trigger or things I can't watch for personal reasons per se; but I just can't stand sexualized lolis / shoutas and perverted characters like Rudeus, who molest children and it's portrayed as funny.
Also please don't give me something too old, especially if it's more than an OVA or short series.
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ANIME / MANGA?
Well, I'm old and watching anime / reading manga over 20 years and I'm reading manga when I'm on my way to work / university in the train and sometimes back home ... and I'm sitting in trains circa two hours almost everyday.
There are a lot of ovas, shorts and music videos in there as well.
GENRES & THEMES I LOVE
Fantasy of all kind, especially dark fantasy, (+ interesting worldbuilding, settings, premises etc...), horror (mostly supernatural & cosmic horror), dystopia & utopia, sci-fi in general (+ steampunk, cyberpunk, space & mecha), war drama, military, historical, adventure, seinen & some shounen, thriller (+ crime, mystery, noir, detective, spy & heist), psychological, some drama, some romance & erotic fiction, shoujo & josei, some slice of life (+ iyashikei & childcare), some kids series, some episodic series, a few ecchis & sexual-themed media, some short(er) sports series (especially dancing, figure skating, ...)
GENRES & THEMES I DON'T LIKE / FAVOR
Most ecchi and harem (because most are in their writing just ... whatever), shounen with dumb fanservice (like Fire Force), a lot of "typical" battle shounen (never seen a lot of Naruto, Bleach, One Piece etc. & don't like Dragonball), most slasher horror, most sports (ball sports, boxing and generally too long sports anime), typical isekais, some / most romcoms and romances, some shoujo (doormat heroine shoujos especially), some cute girls anime
OTHER RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT ANIME
- I love and hate anime at the same time (sometimes) haha.
I think quite a bunch (quite a lot actually...) of anime are awfully written, especially the flood of cheap isekais, harems, romances etc... that are written like chatgpt wrote them or the author hasn't talked to a real human being in the last year(s). And I dislike their, either doormat / no personality, or edgy teen protagonists.
Of course there are a lot of anime I love as well. I wouldn't be here and keep watching anime religously otherwise.
- Often I like a bit more realistic art styles, but if a moe show is good, it's good.
I want the cyberpunk and dark shit from the 90s back, including regulary getting adult protagonists like Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Psycho-Pass etc...
I'm often hooked when new series have adult protagonists (and lot of them are actually good, imo).
- Visuals are very important to me as well and I rarely watch very old anime or anime which visuals and / or art style I don't like. I don't mind in OVAs (or like the 90s art styles there), but I don't like to watch most of the 70s-80s series, with the exception of Gundam and a few others maybe.
- I usually don't watch really long anime and if I do, then because they really hooked me.
Some longer anime I watch(ed) are episodic and I can watch a few episodes here and there inbetween.
- Also I don't hate ecchi... I just think most of it is really bad and most of the characters or situations in it aren't even remotely erotic, sexy, whatever; simple as that.
- I also have very mixed feelings towards shounen as well. Some are really great and are some of my favorites (and Attack on Titan is my absolute favorite, sorry for being a normie, I guess), others are... meh.
- I don't like most drama anime that much, but I still occasionally watch them, because they are not bad. Just not my prefered genre. I think lot of drama anime are overdramatic. Most drama anime just don't hook me that much, although I liked series like March Comes in like a Lion for example a lot.
- Also I don't like most romance anime. Not because I'm aroace/demi (no, I like some ships and romances a lot actually), but because I think most romance anime are not that good and most teenage love is boring. But I do like reading some romance manga and manwha; wholesome ones, fucked ones, innocent or smutty ones. They have to be interesting and I have to be in the mood for it. I only add my favorites tho.
- I too have mixed feelings about lgbt anime, especially when they are specifically yuri / yaoi and don't have much plot, or most media that are outing / queer drama. Also most yuri doesn't hook me. I want stuff with adult women tbh, and series like Noir, not moe girls blushing for another haha.
FAVORITE ANIME (& ANIME-INSPIRED SERIES) & MANGA
1. Attack on Titan (Manga & Anime)
2. Mo Dao Zu Shi / The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation (Novel & Live Action)
3. Jujutsu Kaisen (Manga & Anime)
4. Arcane (Only Series)
5. Castlevania (Only Series)
6. Witch Hat Atelier (Manga)
7. Avatar - The Last Airbender & Korra (Series)
8. Princess Mononoke (Anime Movie)
9. Banana Fish (Manga & Anime)
10. Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga & Anime (Brotherhood))
Also like a lot of others, look at my high rated anime and manga. :D
High rated means 4+.
From anime (& anime-inspired series) and manga
First 10~15 are kinda ordered.
And uhm, how do you call a non-binary waifu... haifu? Waifbandu? That's what Hange is. :D
Full Favorite Characters List - or: every character I ever liked a lot
(with explanation for my top fav characters)
1. Hange Zoe (Attack on Titan)
2. Wei Wuxian (Mo Dao Zu Shi)
3. Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
4. Ash Lynx (Banana Fish)
5. Vi (Arcane)
6. Shouko Eiri (Jujutsu Kaisen)
7. Maki Zenin (Jujutsu Kaisen)
8. Maomao (The Apothecary Diary)
9. Qifrey (Witch Hat Atelier)
10. Asami Sato (Avatar - The Legend of Korra)
20 FAVORITE SHIPS
From my favorite anime (& anime-inspired series) and manga.
I have more, but take my top ships. :D
1. Erwin x Levi (Attack on Titan)
2. Wei Wuxian x Lan Wangji (Mo Dao Zu Shi)
3. Vi x Caitlyn (Arcane)
4. Roy x Riza (Fullmetal Alchemist)
5. Ash x Eiji (Banana Fish)
6. Qifrey x Olruggio (Witch Hat Atelier)
7. Lawrence x Holo (Spice and Wolf)
8. San x Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke)
9. Nezumi x Shion (No. 6)
10. Korra x Asami (Avatar)
11. Ymir x Historia (Attack on Titan)
12. Maria x Kyeongju (Opium)
13. Hua Cheng x Xie Lian (Heaven Offical's Blessing)
14. Okabe x Kurisu (Steins;Gate)
15. Shin x Lena (86)
16. Hachirota x Ai (Planetes)
17. Trevor x Sypha (x Alucard) (Castlevania)
18. Dracula x Lisa (Castlevania)
19. Olrox x Mizrak (Castlevania)
20. Striga x Morana (Castlevania)
TOP 15 FAVORITE FRIENDSHIPS,
FAMILIES & TRIOS
1. Hange, Levi & Erwin (Attack on Titan)
2. Roy, Riza & Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist)
3. Gojo, Geto & Shoko (Jujutsu Kaisen)
4. Wei Wuxian & Wen Qing (Mo Dao Zu Shi)
5. Wei Wuxian, Jiang Cheng & Jiang Yanli (Mo Dao Zu Shi)
6. Trevor, Sypha & Alucard (Castlevania)
7. Vi & Ekko (Arcane)
8. Hange & Moblit (Attack on Titan
9. Spike, Faye & Ed (Cowboy Bebop)
10. Qifrey, Olruggio & Kids (Witch Hat Atelier)
11. Loid, Yor & Anya (Spy x Family)
12. Yato, Hiyori & Yukine (Noragami)
13. Ursula & Akko (Little Witch Academia)
14. Wei Wuxian & Lan Sizhui (Mo Dao Zu Shi)
15. Yuji, Megumi & Nobara (Jujutsu Kaisen)
SERIES / GAMES I LOVE - LIKE A LOT ASIDE ANIME(-INSPIRED MEDIA) AND MANGA
The Last of Us
Baldur's Gate (just started)
His Dark Materials
American Horror Story
Game of Thrones
Westworld (just started)
Our Flag Means Death (just started)
FAVORITE (NON-ANIME) MOVIES
Good Will Hunting
A Monster Calls
The Hunger Games
... and some others I like
- Ciri, Yennefer & Geralt (The Witcher)
- Joel & Ellie (The Last of Us)
- Katniss (The Hunger Games)
- Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)
- Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
- Karlach & Astarion (Baldur's Gate)