Rinku's avatar

Rinku

• Netherlands
  • Joined Jul 15, 2010

First off, I'll be honest: I don't think I understand this Anime...

■■■ Story & Characters ■■■

This anime is a big parody on the isekai genre. It doesn't take itself seriously AT ALL, and it's more focussed on comedic elements than the whole isekai thing. There isn't much more story aside from the "Main character is dead and now inside another world" idea. Each episode has its own random, easygoing story. That is all fine, I love comedy, slice-of-life and I don't really like isekai, so I really expected to get some laughs here...

But I didn't.

There were some moderately funny moments, but overall this anime just feels... bland and boring. Characters were a problem for me: I didn't really like any of them. I don't understand where all the hype and memes about Megumin and Aqua come from, I found both of them boring, uninteresting and not funny or memorable at all... I can name so many comedy anime with characters that are so much more interesting and funny... It's not the most extremes of trash, but this anime just couldn't grab me.

■■■ Art & Animation ■■■

Mediocre. Feels pretty low-budget. Art is simplistic and animation is again, mediocre. Some of the special effects were pretty cool. I know this is a parody on isekai series, but the environment and background design didn't make this anime any more interesting to me, as I've seen those 100x already. It was super generic and not unique at all. I guess that is the point though.

■■■ Music, Voice and SFX ■■■

Maybe it was just my stream, but I kinda felt like the SFX, like explosions and environment effects were WAY louder than they should be. That really startled me a few times while watching this... The BGM was pretty good, I heard some tracks I did like. OP and ED are fine as well.

■■■ X factor/ Atmosphere ■■■

Just didn't do it for me. I expected really good comedy, and some really funny and interesting characters, seeing the amount of hype they get, but all just felt really bland to me... It was entertaining enough to keep watching, but I just don't understand why this anime gets such high ratings all the time.