Rinku's avatar

• Joined Jul 15, 2010

Harukana Receive

Sep 10, 2019

■■■ Story & Characters ■■■

I actually really enjoyed this anime. It's not just a beach episode lasting for a whole anime, it's about two teams playing volleyball, friendship, and relations between the two teams. While it's all nothing revolutionary, I think the story was enjoyable enough, and really did enjoy the characters, especially the bright but easygoing Haruka. I don't think the Ecchi tag is justified; there's not THAT much forced fanservice here, only girls walking in bikini's all the time. I do think the ending was kinda weak, they could have gotten more out of it, and the character relationship building could have been a bit better.

■■■ Art & Animation ■■■

Pretty good. I liked the bright and sunny style most of the time, like I said, it's kinda like beach-episode-the-anime. The artstyle of the characters was pretty cute, and the volleyball scenes were pretty fun to look at.

■■■ Music, Voice and SFX ■■■

I actually REALLY liked the soundtrack of this anime; it's a weird mix between Jazz fusion, upbeat drums-n-bass with tropical elements. I think it really added to the atmosphere and some tense situations. The voice acting is very good, and I have nothing bad to say about the SFX either.

■■■ X factor/ Atmosphere ■■■

I really liked it. The atmosphere is bright and tropical, but has just the right amount of tension as well. Nothing particularly special, but just a fun little anime.