ReviewBonfire's avatar

• Joined Apr 12, 2020

11eyes

Aug 28, 2021

11 eyes

For those who are wondering, the manga is almost 1: 1 like the anime, only with minimal variation. In addition, the ending in the manga is different (but the result is the same), but it is heavily rushed.

So what's this about again? You take the typical "School Superpower Setting" and give it an attractive theme of an alternative world, the "Red Night", and add 6 of the worst characters you can imagine.

No exaggeration, the manga could have been so much better if it had been done by a more experienced writer. Since the plot of the concept was reasonably appealing, it could hardly be taken seriously due to the bottomlessly bad and empty implementation.

The drawings in the manga (backgrounds) were subtle and attractive, I especially liked the design of the "Black / Dark Knights", even though it made me feel like a 12-year-old, I found them quite cool. The rest of the characters are proportionally poorly drawn, with both eyes, hands, and movements. Even if you saw that the author had improved to the end. Nevertheless, it was not a nice experience for my eyes.

And then the characters ... the naive, sad background protagonist without depth and who hardly brought a good dialogue. The overripe, big-breasted, serious tsundere beauty of the school, who happens to belong to some important house as always and is a swordmaster. A charged type that is hyperactive. A hyperactive woman wearing glasses (a little more refreshing). The big-breasted nurse with sexual jokes. A kudere that was ... almost ... irrelevant. AND ladies and gentlemen, the second protagonist, our copy and paste childhood friend who could only say the name of the protagonist. This oversized, sympathetic cast was represented here.

You can read the manga out of curiosity, but I don't recommend it. Especially for someone who already has many years of experience. Newbies wouldn't notice all these stereotypes and bad writing.