ReaperNeku's avatar

• Joined Feb 9, 2011

Doraemon (1979)

Sep 11, 2011

DORAEMON~!

Most 70's to 90's kids will know this as the blue mechanical cat from the future. Spanning over 40 years, this grand series is still ongoing. As a 90's child, I watched this once I knew how to sit in front of a TV, and look at the pictures and that obsession is still strong today. So let's get down to business and review the characters shall we not? We start of with Nobita, a boy who fails in life (or everything for that matter) gets visited by his great-grandson from the 22nd century and brings him horrible news that he'll live a bad life forever if he keeps up like he is now! And what does he bring him? A Giant, Blue Mechanical Cat, called Doraemon. Doraemon has a pouch that connects with the 4th Dimension and allows him to pull out AMAZING items from his pouch! From little Helicopter-blades that attach to your head to allow you to fly freely, to a magical door that will allow you to travel to anywhere in the universe by just walking through it! Then of course, we go to the heroine, a girl named Shizuka. Shizuka is Nobita's crush (eventually his wife), she is also one of Doraemon's gadgets' many victim, from being transported to Nobita's house while taking a shower, to a submarine gadget breaking into her bathroom (during her shower of course). She is also one of Nobita's four best friends, the other two, being Suneo and Gian. Suneo is a rich boy whose family has many connections with celebrities, whilest Gian lives in a department store which his mom owns. Although Suneo and Gian constantly bully Nobita, they have accepted Nobita as a best friend throughout the series MANY times. So as I get ready to wrap this review up, you'll probably ask "Is it worth it to watch all 1700+ episodes?" I'll sadly say, no. Even though I love the series, the stories get repetitive, you'll be likely to get bored by episode 400 or so, but if you love a great classic, such as myself, feel free to watch all those episodes! Even the movies! ALL 30 OF THEM.

So my final conclusion?

Doraemon is a great classic if you're into it, if not, sadly, it won't be that interesting to you. But as a series that has been running strong for 40 years, I will highly recommend it, even if you plan to drop it, give it a try! For all you know, the first thing after you watch this anime can very well be wanting your door to take you to places you want to go!

8.6/10 overall

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

MechaRainbow Aug 1, 2013

any advice as to where I can watch all these episode?:L Havee been searching for awhile but no luck yet:/