Quints's avatar

• Joined Oct 19, 2019
  • ?

Sonny Boy

Jan 4, 2022

I have many things to say about this anime yet there aren't nearly enough words to describe what I felt while watching it.

This review is going to be completely spoiler free and is simply a collection of my thoughts.

The story or should I say the general direction this anime takes is something I've never seen before. There is no clear goal, more just a blurry line that it keeps following. And while doing so it will keep giving you more and more questions.
Most remain unanswered and left to your imagination
But I think that's the beauty of this story, You will feel like you understand everything yet at the same time know you don't understand a single thing.

Story 10/10

The animation itself might not be the best you've ever seen,But it is perfect for the feeling the show is trying to create. It makes you feel a little uneasy it helps convey the feeling of the absurd situation perfectly.

Animation 10/10

I am not a sound expert. All I can really say is that it never felt off. In the same manner that you don't think about the UserInterface of something unless it's bad.

Sound 10/10

Not a single character feels like a throwaway, And every character is really their own person with their own lives and reasons for their actions.

Characters 10/10

Overall Sonny Boy made me feel a way i have never before watching an anime.
I hope that my rambling sparks you to give it a try, And i hope you'll love it as much as i do.

Sonny Boy 10/10