PurplePeopleEater's avatar

PurplePeopleEater

• Joined May 18, 2014

Bloodivores

Oct 6, 2016

ATTENTION!!! This review is for the first episode ONLY. It may or may not be updated later on. If you have a problem with that, then don’t read it.

A cure for an illness used years ago turned humans into something not human…I’ve heard this before….there better not be any dogs dying in this!!!!

Bloodivores were people who took a medicine which turned them into something akin to vampires. I have a hard time buying that one for some reason, but whatever.

The anime opens with some guy driving a car with a girl and being chased by cop cars. It’s one of those, here is some random action to draw in the audience tricks. My only problem with that trick is it’s either done right or it’s done wrong. If it’s done right, the action is easy to understand without knowing the story or characters. It’s interesting and I suppose you could say stereotypical in a sense. It’s often not done well. In this case, all was see is a cop chase and an odd conversation between the girl and guy in the car being chased. We don’t know what is going on. The characters reactions are too atypical to understand without more information. Then it switches to the events before the opening scene and once the story gets close to where the opening started, it switches again to where the opening ended. In other words, the first half of the episode is all over the place. I’m guessing they did that so they could use the car chase to grab interest…but it disrupts the flow of the story. It also says “hello, I am an amateur level writer.” The switching around stopped after the first half, but then it felt rushed. At the same time, I can’t say it was rushed because I have no idea how much time actually passed in the story. Quite a few events passed with little elaboration.

The art work seems simple. There isn’t a whole lot of detail in the scenery or characters. It’s what I like to refer to as average. There isn’t anything special to set it apart from other styles. In other words, it’s probably not going to be a feast for the eyes. Hopefully it will be a feast for the mind but I’m not holding my breath after that first impression.

I plan to continue watching. I’m a curious person and I don’t think curiosity will kill this cat..at least not this time. However, I’m not expecting to find a new anime to add to my favorites here.