PurplePeopleEater's avatar

PurplePeopleEater

• Joined May 18, 2014

Okay, A really really really fast review.

I have never played the games. I don't know what happens in the games or how similar the anime is to the game. I am reviewing the anime as it's own thing unrelated to anything else. In other words, if you have played the games, this review might not be very useful to you.

It skips time. It's not as bad as SAO, but it skips time. On the upside, you know exactly what day, month, and year each event happened and exactly how many days have passed because it shows you. Down side: skips time. Upside: very informative when skipping?

The story itself is just the beginning but it still manages to have a decent ending. At the begining I was really confused and wondering what on earth is going on, but for the most part, they explained it shortly after and in a clear way. It didn't feel overly complicated like I need to be taking notes complicated either. The main character at first appears to be that uninterested, emotionless, and uncaring type but it's quikly revealed that there is something more to him somewhere inside of him so it's not annoying. The characters are strong and interesting and the setting is unique.

The animation is pretty average. It's not over the top and it fits the story. The difference between the dark hour and the normal times contrast well.

There are places where the music seems a little strange but otherwise it's not an issue.

Well, I enjoyed it and plan to watch the next one. Bye!

You must be logged in to leave comments. or