PurplePeopleEater's avatar

PurplePeopleEater

• Joined May 18, 2014

The Lost Village

Apr 13, 2016

UPDATE 6/10: I am going to wait until the series is finished and I rewatch it all at once to put up my new final review. Honestly, I think this is a good watch, but I think it would be more enjoyable if I wasn't waiting a week between episodes. Stories tend to lose momentum when told in small portions over a long period of time which is why I prefer to watch finished animes. I just have a hard time waiting till the end of the season to watch, so I just watch as it comes out and then rewatch later if I feel like it. What I am trying to say is, I think it's too early to pass any judgements. There were episodes that started to feel slow, but I think if watched one right after the other, instead of watching one episode, then 5 other animes, then another episode, might make those slower episodes feel less slow. Like they say, an object in motion tends to stay in motion. An object at rest tends to stay at rest. Now that I typed that, I think it might not be the right saying I wanted for this. Oh well.

So far, it's an interesting anime. It got a little iffy for a while, but it picked itself back up. I was a little nervous that it might crash and burn during some of the slower episodes, but I think it will be okay. It turned out a bit differently than I expected when watching the first few episodes.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: So far there are only two episodes but it seems promising. It starts out rather oddly on a bus "tour" which isn't exactly a tour. All the characters are introduced quickly which is somewhat common in  this type of anime but since I'm sure several of them won't last long anyway, it doesn't matter. The first episode takes place almost entirely on a bus and it has that feel of a big school trip where you actually get a tour bus not a regular old stinky yellow school bus, although the main topic certainly isn't what you would likely discuss on a school trip. Basically most of the characters want to leave their old life behind and start new in this villiage isolated from the rest of society. A few have other various reasons or at least they say they do.

The plan seems poorly thought out but then again that's what makes it sort of believable to me. I can see people doing this. Then again I have little faith in humanity.

They don't know if anyone is living in this village. They assume there are others that went missing before and built this village but they don't know for sure. They didn't bring much from their previous life or supplies but then again most of them are rather young and at least some are rather naive. Still, the show has potential and I was pretty much glued to the screen the whole time.