PharuanUndearth's avatar

• Hamilton, New Jersey
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013

Romance Dawn

Dec 20, 2017

It seems like baseline chars get my 8 score which I guess is fine it has to be really dull or annoying to get lower than that. Oh and over 525+ finishes and not a single review this seems a bit sad. Time to checkboxes and fill it in.

~SPOILERS~

It's almost the same as the manga/anime opening scenes/chapters. It's a pilot and those usually show how the manga(show) will unfold. Who Luffy is, his basic interactions with Shanks, and how he got his powers, but almost everything else is different but the one constant that I saw that jumped is Nami(Shiruku) is still useless it seems no matter how far from one piece we get she still can't do a damn thing, and yes I've seen a shit ton of the show and read a ton of the manga she can take care of the cannon fodder, but when it comes to anyone with any sense of skill she crumbles like sand. Read-only for those who want to be 100% of a series.

I actually read the second version of romance dawn that  That oda wrote later on. I have to say the 2nd Roman stone is not as good as the 1st because the 2nd nami type character has a bird that's called a roc which is used in the original series but it looks nothing like the roc there and she is just as incompetent as the nami that we all know. Better story but not better and not worse. The two stories came together so wasn't hard to find IMO.

7.2/10 story
8.1/10 art
7.8/10 overall

You must be logged in to leave comments. or