Pcnumero1's avatar

Pcnumero1

• Joined Apr 5, 2019

At first glance, it might look like an another classic shonen story, well it is, but it's a damn good one. The first episode is predictable yet it does its job really well to set the world and characters, even if you don't like it, I suggest you watch a couple other episodes, here is why:

Story(spoilers for the 1st episode)

As previously mentionned, the story follows a classic shonen story, guy loses his family except for one sibling, but she becomes a demon, so he set out to get her back to human. Nothing revolutionary there, but it just feels right, it's not over the top, the character is not an heavy underdog, in the sense he's an average human except for his smell, the way the act feels realistic, they are relatable. Pacing, the pacing is amazing it gets right throught the point, you don't get any 5 episodes training montage, it's simple yet easy to understand, it never gets boring, there's is always a new element to the world building that raises question, or gets you pumped about. The main protagonist progress towards his goal while keeping the side stories engaging.

The animation is down right gorgeous, nothing to complain about, fighting scenes are awesome and you feel the intensity, but what puts it at a 10/10 for me is the japanese painting style water that trails the weapon during special moves by the character it is so beautiful.

Voices feel right, sound track for fights and opening/credits is great but not attack on titan level.

Well I already talked about them in the story section, but to summarize they are right where they should be simple, relatable, feels like humans in emotions department at least.

As you can see I am pumped by this anime, it as the potential to become one of my favorite all time shonen right next to hunterxhunter, give it a try it is definitly a highlights of this anime season.

9.7/10 overall