PZcolo's avatar

• Joined Sep 19, 2013
  • 38

A God's Ascension

Sep 1, 2019

If the first thought of a person after waking up in a strange place is "it looks like I traveled through time" I would seriously doubt his sanity.

The story here is of a guy that is... transmigrated? (not really explained) into a classic China setting, nothing new at all, the twist is that there is a system that gives quest and rewards, something like Gantzin Classic China and without the excesive (a matter of taste) gore. Thou I don't like the OP system that (in it's own words) can grant the MC anything, I find the situation where the MC is not unique and he's one more among others that get the benefit of it very good and kinda refreshing, also, buying things in the system is at least very expensive so he can't just become God in a few chapters.

The manhua takes itself seriously and the plot so far is in the prologue phase, there is no much inkling of what the story is, there is a forshadowing of trouble in the Empire but that's it and where it has a connection with the mysterious system is yet unknown. As for the Characters, the MC is a balanced person, which I like, he has his own principles but is willing to dirty his hands when needed. Finally, the art-style is a bit generic but good.

All in all, I like it, it's not great but it's entertaining and depending on what route the story takes it might turn out good or bad.