PZcolo's avatar

• Joined Sep 19, 2013
  • 38

Solo Leveling

Jul 2, 2019

So many undeserved 10s, when will people learn to value their own opinions I wonder.

This is from the get go a retarded series in a retarded setting. The author doesn't seam to want to bother much with worldbuilding, character creation and development or simply setting a coherent set of rules for the... powers? the hunters get, he seems to want to skip it all and to be honest that would be my recommendation if you want to read this, just skip the first 11ch (inexistant world building and character presentation) and you'll be better off for it, after that the next chapters are about dumb monologues, posing and the MC getting cocky, which seem to be the author trying to justify (and fail and fail at it) how the MC changes. If, you somehow pretend those 25 or so chapters don't exist and you just pretend the char was somewhat strong, has a cheat skill and is a badass then you might enjoy this somewhat since from there it's a classical shounen with RPG elements.

Having said that, I find it hard to ignore those appalling 25 chapters, above all the lack of trying on the part of the author to make sense of the world is annoying, don't force what you want it to be for no reason and no valid justification, what happens in this manhua just make no sense for modern age Korea/world. If you set the world in modern earth then you have to abide by it, otherwise just transport the MC to another world or invent a parallel universe, and you can set all the freaking new rules you want that way without so much need to explain. The only good possible explanation for all that happens is "simulation theory" but I really don't see the author going there and even if he does, it's very poorly executed so far. Likewise, the character setting is equally terrible, we are led to believe he does this for his mother yet he dedicates about one panel of the story to explain this, it's never mentioned again and come on! how is getting yourself killed in a gate is going to make your sick mom's and your sister's (that depends on you for a living) life better? if he dies his mom doesn't get medical care and his sis can't support herself anymore, also lets not forget the author insist on telling us the MC doesn't make ends meet with hunting so the justification itself is nonsense, not only there is a very high and real chance of him dying but he doesn't even make money from it. Last this is full of inconsistencies and the MC turns like a pancake so much he essentially becomes a different person, with him getting OP in no time, giving ridiculous explanations and him oscillating from retard to so cool just because the author wills it makes my eyes bleed.

In short, as a whole a terrible manhua but if you get through the initial chapters and are able to ignore all that and just care at how "cool" the MC is and how OP he is and the nice fighting scenes then you may like this since it's a somewhat enjoyable yet mediocre, no-brain, very light, action packed shounen manhua. Oh, art-style is good thou the flow of the fights is a bit hard to follow at times.

Moytta Jul 15, 2019

Dude, chill out everything is going to get explained throughout the series, the hole is way deeper than it seems, the gates, the "powers", the leveling system of the MC. The manhwa is not even halfway through.

Wakasagihime Jul 12, 2019

Hey nice review. In fact the only actual REVIEW I could find in the sea of 10/10s that don't bother to explain WHY it's a 10/10 manhua.

I couldn't quite put my foot on what was ridiculous about the manhua other that it being a wild power fantasy that reminded me heavily of SAO S1 during the early chapters. Definitely the author should have just gone with a fantasy setting if they wanted a world that makes 'sense'. But hey they didn't bother with anything other than just giving power ups and conveniences to the MC along with MC being the only one with a brain in like any situation to make him look good.

I found it was an OK and entertaining read so long as your brain is off because it's just another power fantasy with RPG elements and some edge thrown in since people can actually die. I can say that it's at least funner to read than something like 'The Gamer' or most of the 'good' isekais.