Orlus's avatar

• New York
  • Joined Aug 21, 2012

Majestic Prince

May 7, 2015

If you are looking for anime with great action scenes, excellent choreographed fights, then you’ve come to the right place. Even if you’re not into mecha’s I highly recommend, no I insist that you check this anime out. You will not be disappointed.

Although the basic premise has been done a few times already, (better in some other anime’s), this anime still holds its own against some of the other newer anime out there. At times it even feels as though they have just thrown in a few things just to make the plot go forward. There are no real surprises or shocking “OMG” moments in this, as far as the story is concerned. It’s your typical. ‘Earth has advanced tech but are still vastly out matched by some other alien race that has even more advanced tech, thus wiping the floor with earth. Until a breakthrough is made and an unlikely person or group is able to win for the first time, thus making them earths only hope.’

The only thing above and beyond this anime has is its action scenes, and animation. The rest is mediocre to above average. Even with all this it’s still a good fun anime to watch. There was never really a time where I felt the need to skip episodes, or cringe at the familiarity of this anime.

All in all I recommend this anime to anyone who likes Sci fi, Mechas, Space battles, Good action, large scale battles, and overcoming the odds. If you want a serious, dark, down to earth realistic type fights and story, I’d go elsewhere.

srwseki Jun 29, 2015

nice review, I agree this story is not much surprise and the characters are pretty sterotype, but I have seen too much anime which try to fill up with absurd story and twisted characters like Kakumeiki Valvrave, Aldnoah Zero. This anime is made for robot fans and it has gave the one of the best battle sences , strongly recommended for robot fans and I cannot wait to see it in Super Robot Wars series!