OkamiHime95's avatar

OkamiHime95

• Joined Oct 30, 2019

Kino's Journey

Feb 14, 2020

Well first things first, this review will be based on the 2003 version of Kino's Journey itself, and not its 2017 counterpart, or the movies/OVA's, etc.

A very brief synopsis: The MC named Kino travels around with their partner named Herme's, (who is a talking motorcycle) learning about different people & their cultures/personal stories, and tries to help said people when they can.

My thoughts on the overall story: Well what can I say? I thought it was very interesting/intriguing..!
This anime kept me on the edge of my seat in anticipation & suspense at times, but overall, it has this nice nostalgic feel to it that I can't quite explain...

Animation: Some people may find it too "blocky" or outdated, but personally, I quite liked it, especially when it came to the buildings, and the overall environment.

Sound: The music is AMAZING, especially the ending theme. Could listen to it over and over again.

Characters: I can't say much without giving major spoilers, but I will say the "banter" between Herme's & Kino can be quite humorous at times. xD

Overall thoughts: As someone who is into learning about different cultures, when I came across this anime, I thought "hmm!" and decided to give it a shot. (Which I'm VERY glad I did! ^_^) Honestly, this has become one of my favorite anime's, and one I would highly recommend if you haven't had the pleasure of watching it yet.

8.5/10 animation