OkamiHime95's avatar

OkamiHime95

• Joined Oct 30, 2019

Well this is my first review, and it will be based on JUST the first season, since I haven't watched the second one yet...

I will try not to give any major spoilers, but one thing I will say though is that this anime definitely put me through the wringer when it came to all the "feels" lol. (Almost teared up during a few episodes...)

A Brief Synopsis: It takes place during the late 19th century, and it is about the "forbidden love" between a maid (Emma) and William Jones. (Who comes from what some people would call an "upper class" family.)

My personal thoughts on the story in general: I thought it was very interesting and I'm glad that I watched it! :)
(Though I may be a bit biased since I'm into Victorian era type stuff. :P ) I do wish some things would've turned out differently, (especially towards the ending) but other than that, I found it pretty enjoyable.

Animation: Idk if others will agree with me on this, but I thought it was pretty good, IMO.

Music: Even though it's simple, I love the music & thought it was very calming. :) (I also love piano music in general, so...)

SUB/DUB: I can't comment about the dubbed version since I haven't been able to find it yet, but I thought the sub was pretty good, even though I think there were some mistranslations here and there, but nothing major. (At least to me.)

Overall I found this to actually be a pretty wholesome anime, and I would recommend watching it especially if you're into Victorian era stuff like I am, or if you're just looking for something to watch that doesn't have too many episodes. :) (It has 12, for anyone curious.)

Lastly, I'd like to mention that this review is for "SECRET SANTA 2019," so I'd like to thank my Secret Santa for recommending this to me, and I can't wait to watch the second "act." ^_^

6.5/10 animation