Ojiichan's avatar

• Joined Nov 18, 2018
  • 48

Yesterday Once More

May 15, 2019

I came across this title several years ago on an online store that doesn't exist anymore. It was cheap and didn't have a story synopsis but I like the art on the box so just gave it a try. It's basically a romantic drama with touches of humor and yes sex. A reunion of school friends: quiet demure all round nice girl, girl with glasses, girl who's famous now and stuck up, a rocker chick, a rocker dude, a jock, cute petite girl, and the main male character and his childhood lady friend. There's a few dramatic and touching scenes in this 4 part oav, and it kept me interested the whole time. I was a little surprised by the sex scenes but as they show nudity and they definitely are having sex (visually and audibly!) they are not explicit: no shots of genitalia, penetration or oral moments. That's fine because it would have been very distracting from the story, which is nothing to rave about but it is interesting. As we get to the final episode, the plot thickens a bit and we discover who the mystery girl is, but we are left without a resolution which could have been shown in another episode or 2, so that's disappointing. Perhaps the production ran out of money or something, I'm not sure. But if you can find this series, it's worth a look.

7.5/10 story