Nozomi98's avatar

Nozomi98

• Joined May 30, 2016

Killing Stalking

Jan 9, 2017

Goodness, where do I start? First of all, this is a highly intense manhwa. For literally every reason. Intense abuse, nudity, violence, language, torture, etc. BUT the characters and story are really well thought out and so fascinating. It's insane how scary and suspenseful the author paces this story. Every chapter gives me so much anxiety because of how unstable the characters are. You really never know who's gonna be alive or dead in the next panel.

Secondly, the relationship between Sangwoo and YoonBum is tragic, abusive, torturous...just really messed up. It's difficult to see Sangwoo torturing and beating up Yoonbum and then hugging and kissing him. It messes with your mind. You know you're not supposed to ship them, but the extreme contrast between the abuse and the affection makes you want some kind of happiness to happen....It's a horrible, horrible struggle.

Thirdly, both Sangwoo and Yoonbum have different mental disorders. Of course, Sangwoo has the most dangerous (Borderline Personality, Anti-social Personality) disorders.... Yoonbum has his own personality disorders (stalking and obsessing...later seemingly developing Stockholm Syndrome). Again, you just want happiness for Yoonbum and a prison-cell for Sangwoo... but the more chapters you read, the more attached you get to the characters. WHICH SUCKS.

Fourthly and finally, the art and color is amazing. Which is what I suppose makes it even more intense and graphic, but nonetheless incredible. The character designs too are attractive. I mean, Sangwoo....he's so attractive, the devil... especially when he wears glasses and an apron... SHIZZZ I mean remember the context, remember the context, remember the context (ಥ_ಥ) Yoonbum is adorable. You just want to give him happiness and love. Which is non-existant in this Manhwa. Anyway, hope this review helped give another perspective on Killing Stalking. Just.... keep the lights on when you read it (T▽T)

*Editing Note: Koogi, the creator of this Manhwa (Korean Manga), in a recent interview said that Yoonbum does have Borderline Personality Disorder, which surprised me. Majoring in abnormal psychology, I found Yoonbum really only protrayed 3-4 out of the 9 character traits of BPD, which isn't quite enough for him to be diagnosed with BPD. However, Sangwoo, who posseses 5-6 out of the 9, to me, fits BPD better... Just throwing my two cents out...If you want to read more on this, check out what the DSM V says about Borderline Personality Disorder (the diagnostic criteria especially)

chakramania Jul 31, 2019

This review is so on POINT! This manhwa was so fascinating and addictive for some reason aaaaaah

GaBsY Apr 18, 2017

This was extremely good and helpful review that perfectly describes both the manhwa with its characters and how the reader (at least how I) feel while reading "Killing stalking".

sothis Jan 20, 2017

This is a great and thorough review, thanks for writing it!