Nirayele's avatar

Nirayele

• Joined Nov 14, 2019

Apr 8, 2022

Okay, so as much as I adore the anime and what it has done to bring people to the fandom, as a huge fan of the series I have to recommend reading the manga for this one. Not only is the story concluded in a better and more satisfying way in terms of plot points, it has a few more chapters after the anime finale (because what ARE those last 20 seconds of the last episode?) that renders a beautiful ending to Shion and Nezumi's story. There's a second kiss scene in the last chapter. I said what I said; read the manga.

See full review

The Vampire Dies in No Time

Apr 8, 2022

Such a fun anime to watch, it's mindless but it never fails to make me laugh. The characters are fun, they have all their little archetypes and it really makes the final product an amalgamation of it all. The voice acting is literally amazing (whose soul did they sell off to afford so many big names??), the animation is great, and so is the character design. Even if you're not a big fan of comedy, I'd say this one is worth the watch! Also John is the best. Praise John.

See full review

Pacific Rim: The Black

Apr 8, 2022

I'm a huge fan of the Pacific Rim movie series (meaning I love the first one and loathe the second) and checked out this anime as a means to see where it was situated in the universe. Can't really say I'm disappointed: the story, while predictable, was somewhat solid and really followed the Blackout comics. It was nothing too deep, and probably not the best that could have been done with the franchise, but it was a fun ride! Loved the animation despite some janky moments (I don't really hate CG, Polygon Pictures worked well on this one), and I honestly fell in love with the soundtrack. It felt very... See full review