Nicknames's avatar

Nicknames

• Joined Oct 22, 2009

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for Shoujo-ai/yuri series and I'm attracted to this genre as much as a bear is attracted to honey, or a fujoshi to yaoi. After getting to know this anime I decided that I wasn't going to just watch it but also review it! So here I am, leaving my impressions about this anime.

As expected from a show whose episodes are no longer than 4 minutes (which also happens to be an adaptation of a 4-koma) there's not much story, just enough to get the setting ready and let the characters do the rest. Speaking of the characters, they have some unique traits based on the animal they represent. For example, there's Nekoyama, the dog-loving cat-like girl whose hair tends to look like cat ears, and also there's Inugami, the cat-loving dog-like girl who  is so hungry for affection she would go as far as trying to get Nekoyama drunk... on catnip (yes, catnip). Among this madness there's Aki, the only non-animal girl who also happens to be the only sane person in the show. Sadly some of the secondary characters were a bit underdeveloped.

Animation-wise it was quite sweet and the characters were quite adorable (especially Nekoyama). The voices and sound effects were spot-on, though the ending took the cake. It was absurdly sweet and adorable.

In short, this show is what you'd get if you mix Sakura Trick with Yuru Yuri and you cut it in small pieces to avoid it getting dull and/or repetitive. It was a good watch