MsNova's avatar

• Joined Dec 7, 2018
  • ? / F

Blue Exorcist

Mar 9, 2019

This anime had so much potential. The first three episodes had me rubbing my hands in delight, looking forward to the story's unfolding. Heck with 25 episodes they had enough for great plot development. I did watch it to the end but grew very tired of the same old character types, with a lot of the episodes feeling like filler, doing nothing to move the story or develop the characters.

The animation was very good, I will give it that but the middle episodes could have been better, much better.

I think that Satan should have made more troubles through the story as opposed the usual at the beach episode, or a birthday party episode or any other waste of time episodes.

I did not like the way they took the story at the end at all, but at least they ended it. Gave half a star for that.

I will watch season 3 when it comes out. It is watchable but it could have been much better.

Spoiler below and I can't figure out how to hide it in a button sorry.

Tried to write the html but it just shows the html

One complaint is the lack of consistency. For example, first Satan wants Rin and goes to take him. At the end Satin wants to kill him when he gets his brother. The back story seems to be Satan's wife wants demons and humans to live together in peace, love joy granola. Gag, what was up with that? It was like they got a new writing staff at episode 19.