Minjae777's avatar

Minjae777

• Joined May 12, 2019

The Promised Neverland

Jun 16, 2019

The story & plot were great. Throughout the entire show, I felt tense and every episode was suspenseful. Every episode had me guessing what would happen next. Knowing what could have happened if the kids made the wrong move or a bad plan kept me biting my nails. I expected the end to seem boring predictable, but it didn't seem lacking and was satisfying. Even after the show ended, I questioned many things & I still do. Although, I do think that some of the plans were pretty stupid like some of the bad situations could've been avoided with simple thinking. The rest of the story was fine.

The animation was better than average & wasn't amazingly outstanding, but was definitely unique. The use of CGI in suspenseful moments made certain scenes seem more meaningful & interesting. There were some scenes from a 1st person POV & some which made it look like you were "spying" on the characters. Those scenes made me more cautious because I didn't know if they were using that POV to make it more interesting or if we were seeing in 1st person POV from someone who was actually watching them. The characters' expressions were even better since you could easily tell their emotions. When Emma was trying to hide her fear from Isabella, she was smiling but you could see a pained expression in her eyes.

There was a fitting soundtrack for each scene & they added more thrill suspense. I loved the opening but didn't pay much attention to the ending. The ticking clock kept me standing on my toes because it made the scenes seem like something was going to happen in time.

Although the characters were very young, they had great solutions to some problems. Norman & Ray especially had great intellect. They did have different plans for the escape but both of them & Emma were excellent at assessing the outcomes of everything they did, making their planning much more useful.

9.5/10 story