Mieya's avatar

Mieya

• Joined Jul 23, 2014

Noblesse

Nov 20, 2020

This is a big pet peeve of mine. I absolutely despise when anime series start at some random point in the story and expect you to have read the manga (webcomic in this case) to understand. I read a good 300 chapters a couple years ago or so and was excited to see an animated adaptation after having watched the OVA (which left a lot to be desired, but thats the point of OVAs at times). I was so disappointed to find that after all the hype, they just throw you in the story skipping like 100 or so chapters (i think). It has been so long since I've read the webtoon and I honestly don't remember much so it was just an all around confusing experience.

Plus you have this well known and loved manhwa that you built serious hype for and when it's released...the animation is bad??? The comic had more movement that this show. You could feel how their hair would move and bodies would move from the artist, but in motion they are stiff and awkward. If they weren't going to release a quality adaptation, they shouldn't have done it. I hope all the webtoons that were adapted this year get a better chance later. They all paled in comparison to their original webcomics, but this one had to be the worst.

JhopeJawLine Nov 28, 2020

It didn't start off like that tho....to fully understand watch noblesse: the beginning of destruction and noblesse episode 0 to understand the anime

Fuzzdaddy Nov 25, 2020

It didn't, This is not the first part. Watch the ova first. You know... the one that came out before this one