Mieya's avatar

Mieya

• Joined Jul 23, 2014

Empress? Empress!

Nov 20, 2020

I mean it's not great. I won't lie to you about that, but once you stop asking questions like "why does he like her all of a sudden...they havent spoken in a year" or "why does this girl like him so intensely all of a sudden...they just met", it's not that bad.

My biggest gripes are what i previously mentioned and the cringy way the author wrote the male lead. I don't even like the emperor and leanna (serena? translators kept changing her name) together because the emperor after falling in love just became...too much. Annoying and his lines are really sickeningly...cringe. Suddenly he says shit like "did it hurt when you fell from heaven??" i shit you not. he says something like this. It's just so weird coming from him because he was supposed to be this calm, serious guy. Now don't get me wrong, a serious character can have their cute moments too, but he goes too far to the point where its cheesy as hell and just uncharacteristic i guess.

I'm at ch 41 right now and I can say it's at a place where it's at least kind of interesting to read. A lot of the conflicts besides the big major one of some rebels attacking the kingdom or something, have been written away poorly. Like at one point mia is in love to the point where she makes faces like her whole world is ending when the emperor doesn't look at her and then after a guy tells her "hey stop that stupid" a few times she's just like: "i've learned how to accept it now. inner peace. im happy for them *looks off into distance*". Like...girl...last chapter you looked like you were about to snap and kill the female lead but okay....

Tldr/ you have to ignore the poor writing to enjoy it.