Mieya's avatar

Mieya

• Joined Jul 23, 2014

Once you stop trying to figure out how technologically advanced the world the story is set in is. It's a good time. Most of the issues I had was the constant introduction to technology you didnt think would be in a world that is so shocked by Elise's surgical techniques. Sure be surprised about her having so much skill at 16, but to think that in a world where no one knows the importance of hygiene for recovery or a world that doesnt know how to diagnose diabetes or doesnt know the concept of quarantining... To think that that same world has guns, ekg machines, modern trains etc. It takes you out of it. But after a while you just have to accept that this world is just a strange place that is very developed in some ways and not in others. Once you accept that, Doctor Elise is a heartwarming romance with likeable characters and beautiful art. I took of a point from the art because in the beginning the characters' eyes are strange and it makes characters look kinda goofy but it gets fixed not too far into the story.

I'm excited for the rest.

8.5/10 story