Melodux's avatar

• Joined Mar 31, 2011
  • 31

Alichino

Jun 14, 2011

I dropped this manga because the I felt like the story was talking about this big thing that's supposed to be kept secret from the reader. I know that keeping secrets from the reader can make for good plot twists, but if it's not a drawn-out action series, and it goes on for more than 5 chapters, it makes for an interest-losing device.

The eyes on the people bothered me. Everything was so detailed, but then the eyes just put everything out of whack. HUGE eyes do not make for a "beautiful" person. And a lot of the panels were just black, or a close up of a character's face...

The characters didn't have any distinguishing traits, and along with the similar way the characters were drawn, it was hard to differentiate between two similiar characters. I could only really recognize Tsugiri, the main charactrer.

If you're willing to duke out a confusing plot and stick with 17 chapters of not knowing what's going on, then you might want to read this manga. But I think it's bad for what the creator gave themself to work with.

3.5/10 story
1.5/10 characters

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

deideiblueeyez May 8, 2013

Yeah me and my friend basically dissected the shit out of the first volume because I brought up with her the fact that the extreme detail in the hair hurt my eyes. Maybe I just need to lay off the computer for a day or two, LOL...

I love how the volume synopsis says and I quote "...filled with...mesmerizing characters that will engage readers long after the last page is turned."

You know a manga that would deserve that boast? Monster. NANA. Even Naruto or Bleach would still make you go "Hm...this character was ____". I can't help but discuss characters from both series even if it's to make fun of them or point out similarities between the two series' casts..

This kind of reminded me of the fan-made manga of the movie the Labyrinth. Most of the Alichino looked like Jareth/David Bowie in the film .___.

Not that that's a BAD thing per se, he was pretty sexy in that movie >__> But it's all glamour and no substance. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this manga sucked. And I didn't even finish the first volume! I started skipping pages to look at some pretty drawings after the second chapter finished...God.

MangaBliss Jan 23, 2012

I have to agree with everything you said Exspecially with the large eyes. I just read the first volume and every thing you mentioned was already irratating me. Another thing that bothered me was who's what gender. It wouldn't of bothered me as much if I could of found out right away but I was nearly half way through the book and I just finally realized that Myobi was a girl when they finally used the word "she". Can you blame me she's in the form of an owl how was I suppose to know what gender, she looked so stern.

I also thought another alichino was a feminine looking guy because she looks kind of similar to Enju sadly I was wrong. So after reading your review and knowing my thoughts on the first volume I officialy decided to drop this series. Thank you for helping me make up my mind. Love your avatar by the way. I look forward to reading more of you reviews.