Manthika's avatar

• Joined Jan 11, 2019
  • ? / F

The Villain's Savior

Apr 8, 2020

This is the picture perfect display of an unhealthy relationship; on one side you have a manipulative, literal villain.  On the other, you have a girl who is head over heels for him, even when she knows he's lying, she's obsessed.  And the communication on both sides is terrible and full of lies.  The definition of toxic.

While I don't approve in any way whatsoever, it's not like that makes it a bad manhwa.  The storyline conveys exactly what it's trying to convey (a terrible tale) the art is incredibly well done, the characters are fleshed out and compelling.  It just leaves you feeling incredibly uncomfortable, and isn't a casual read, especially for the weak of heart.

Edited review: anime planet has now added the appropriate content warnings, thank you

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

DeiMadepo May 24, 2021

I wanted to leave a review myself but this just perfectly describes what this story is about and what it feels like reading it!

Good manhwa but yeah, the relationship between the main characters were as toxic as it gets. What's surprising is that they don't really show much of the vilain chainging (he does but in a manipulative kind of way, difficult to describe). I feel like at least it would have been a good redemption arch but it didn't show much of that so it really remaind a lot of toxicity in the relationship till the end. But it was still interesting story and the art was very pleasant to look at (lots of angles as well which is also quite hard to do without loosing proportions and all that jazz). I enjoyed reading it but it was disturbing as, I think, it was intended.