Lvand's avatar

Lvand

• New Zealand
  • Joined Jun 13, 2015
  • ? / M

Having already seen the super successful movie, I thought I'd rewatch the Mugen Train arc again and I think I like it in this format more, a movie is great but there's just something about watching it in Episodes that builds up that suspense. Mugen Train continues the journey of Tanjiro and friends as they assist the Flame Hashira on the Mugen Train, as there's supposedely a demon that's killing people on the train. Quite a simple story that doesn't fully feel like a full arc but it still packs all the things you love about Demon Slayer.

We get more action from our favorite Demon Slayers here with everyone getting a chance to shine, but I think the one who steals the show here is the newly introduced Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyōjurō, with his bright flamy hair, majestic eyebrows and super encouraging will and fire to protect others and push himself to the limit. Mugen also introduces it's best villain to date, as a reminder that the show isn't always going to go the way of the Demon Slayers.

The animation was on point once again and the sound team does a incredible too. The music is great as well as another great opener from LiSA with the song Akeboshi. The voice acting is stellar with a unforgettable performance from Satoshi Hino (Sawamura from Haikyuu!as Rengoku. Overall Demon Slayer hasn't missed a beat and continues to deliver beautiful sequences and thrilling moments, steadily building up for the currently ongoing Red District Arc which is already delivering another incredible story.

+ Short Sweet Story Arc.

+Rengoku!.

+ Stellar Visuals and Sound Work.

9.4/10 animation

animedemon8932 Jan 18, 2022

How do  I watch this

Lvand Jan 16, 2022

Ahhh! Cheers hehe :D

Yeah I like the opening too!

demision Jan 15, 2022

Wanted to let you know that there is a spelling mistake in the second sentence! "coniinues" has too many "i"'s lmao

Great review anyway!👍 I'm currently watching this series after seeing the movie last year in theaters here in North America. I'm a big fan of the opening song in the series, so I think I prefer it this way too