Ls1L's avatar

• Joined Nov 11, 2020
  • 20

Rooftop Sword Master

Jun 13, 2021

Before I start, I wanna point out that everything I've written in this review is completely my opinion, and I ask everyone to respect that.

Now that that's out of the way, let me start by saying this: I didn't hate this manhwa. Although I haven't read through the vast majority of it, I feel like I might be able to judge the story based on what I've read. Before I started reading this manhwa I quickly scanned some of the reviews on this site, and the amount of praise I found was astonishing, and thus, my expectations were high. this manhwa isnt bad. The art is good, I've read worse stories and I've seen characters that were written a thousand times worse.

The problem I have with this manhwa stems mostly from the fact that the ain driving force of this manhwa is the excitement-high you get from seeing the MC exact his revenge. other than that, the action is mediocre, the main character is pretty dull and there are very few things this manhwa stands out with. That being said, it is the case however that the afformentioned excitement-high that this manhwa delivers has a lot of potential. It can be very satisfying for you to see someone exact their revenge, especially on people who truly deserve it.

I think a big reason as to why I wasn't a fan of this manhwa is because my expectations were very high going into the story, so I was let down by the lack of quality storytelling. I stopped reading it rather quickly (ch. 26) and I might continue reading this manhwa in the future. If my opinion on the manhwa has changed by then, I will either update or delete this review. If anyone wants to try and convince me to change my opinion, go ahead. I'll try to be as open-minded as possible.

I'm going to finish this review off by recommending this manhwa under certain circumstances. If you are a person who thoroughly enjoys revenge stories, and seeing OP MC's where the fights are incredibly one-sided, read this. It's going to give you a ton of hype, and an amazing excitement-high, so if that's you this is a must read. If you're looking for high-quality storytelling and amazingly written and complex characters, then this is something you should not read.

8.5/10 art