Lindelin's avatar

• Joined Jul 10, 2017
  • 25

The Seven Deadly Sins

Jul 20, 2017

I absolutely LOVE this manga. Nanatsu no Taizai has great characters with interesting backstories and personalities. The art is FANTASTIC! The story is AMAZING! It updates weekly, so I look forward to reading the new chapters in English on the weekends. It's mixed with fantasy, action, and romance which is my favorite combination. There is so much foreshadowing and so many cliffhangers!! I really like how all of the characters develop and change, and the awesome powers they have!! Season 1 of the anime was pretty good but left out a couple things from the manga, and I can't wait to see Season 2 with all of the new characters!

The Commandments arc is turning out to be longer than the Liones arc. The Liones arc was 100 chapters, and currently there are over 100 chapters for the Commandments arc. The author has said that he has planned out this Manga, and that he wants it to be 3 arcs.

The story plot of this manga is unlike anything I have ever seen. It doesn't seem like there is any absolute right or wrong, or good and bad, and that's one of the things I love about it. All sides have their own story, which is really cool. The backstories of all of the characters are different and unique, I enjoy learning about all of the Sins and their backgrounds, but Merlin is still a mystery to me and there is still more to learn about Meliodas, and maybe some of the other Sins. Like I said before, there is a lot of foreshadowing and cliffhangers that keep it interesting to read.

The characters are all amazing in their own ways. They grow and develop as the plot goes, and I have came to ship some of the characters, especially two of them because of recent chapters. I like the different powers and abilities that each of them possess, but some of the characters are a little overpowered to me, though. I think that the ties that Meliodas and Elizabeth have to other characters are pretty interesting, and other characters have interesting friend and family ties as well.

There is not much that I can say about the art, other than it is really good. You can really tell how much the author puts in to designing the characters and surroundings. Sometimes I look over the art because I can't tell what's happening, but that doesn't happen a lot for me. Sometimes, if you look in to some of the smaller details in some of the pages, there is some foreshadowing.

Overall, this manga is really good, and I would definitely recommend it!!