LeCyclohexane's avatar

• Joined Mar 14, 2018
  • 29

Pulse

Mar 16, 2018

This is one of the first Yuri I've ever read, trying my way before with more classic manga.

Mel a renowned hearth surgeon does not believe in love, goes freom girl to girl whithout sentiments. She meet Lynn, a cheerful girl despite her health condition. Lynn holds on to the betg that she can make Mel fall in love with her, in exchange of what Lynn would have to go through surgery to treat her condition.

I am not going further into the story, I think you need to discover it by yourself, just take my  word that it is good. While the general plot is not the best thing I've ever read, it is very well made to show us the evolution of the characters. Every situation makes the relationship between Lynn and Mel evolve, nothing is here just to build volume, every scene has a purpose. It can be cheerful at times, but also more dark and sad, filled with gravitas, I've met a whole lot of feelings reading this. Mel a a total badass, while Lynn is a real sunshine, the two characters are really interesting and loveable. It is impossible not to want them to be happy together.

I loved the art, I love the full color. The characters are well drawn, their emotions well communicated. The author knows how to play with the color palette to create the right mood in the scenes. I actually don't know much about drawing so I'll stop about the fact that I really loved it.

Seriously read it, if you like it you can support the author by buying it on Lezhin, you can also find some goodies and book versions of this on Ratana Satis facebook page.

8.5/10 story