Lanaette's avatar

• Joined Jul 31, 2011

Death Note

Aug 8, 2011

Storyline:

To have written such a story, it needs a lot of imagination, planning and determination. Death gods are very common to write about and it takes a lot of work to make the story original. Death note is definitely one of my all times favourites and so interesting, you definitely wont get bored halfway. There were some scenes where they overcomplicated things, but it would've been no good with any less. The whole story, from start to end, was very well planned and perfectly executed.

Animation:

Animation was smooth and art detailed. Scenes were beautifully done and it was soothing to my eyes. Artist definitely put some effort on this. Althought it was disappointment to see same frames used many times. I really liked how the characters were designed and they definitely fit their personalities.

Sound:

The music used during episodes was really good. They were well chosen and created the right mood for episodes. I didn't like the second opening, but I guess that's just my personal preference. I really have nothing to say about the voiceactors. They fit the characters and did their job. That's it. Altough I must give credit to Light's voiceactor Mamoru Miyano for being one of my favourites and doing amazing job on this one.

Perfect score. Characters were geniously done. Each character had it's very unique personality that was shown very strong in the series. It might annoy you sometimes if you're not used to see such a strong identities. L and Light are so similiar to each other but still so different. Even secondary characters have personalities to the point what they usually don't have.

Overall:

This show, is a definite must see for anyone. Even if it's not the usual thing you mainly watch, it's still very enjoyable. I don't think there will be anything like Death Note, ever again although there have been many tries already. I love the originality and how logical everything is. Death note is here to prove that everything is possible.

P.S. For my opinion Lelouch (Code Geass) is a poor attempt to copy Light's personality. It's just a proof that it ain't so easy to make such a strong willed character.