LaFlame1605xX's avatar

LaFlame1605xX

• Joined Jul 15, 2020

FIRST 14 EPISODES:

Very solid continuation of the first two main series so far. Some users seem confused about the repetition of earlier arcs, albeit with noticeable tweaks and differences, that are present in this 2020 series. Episode 14 shows the reason for this. Though Kai didn't need a sequel, Gou creates the perfect scenario for a sequel in a way that is not forced and does not detract from the earlier seasons.

I loved the original series for it's ability to balance so many main characters, and yet always create new dynamics and tensions between them with each arc. This series delivers on this point so far, even building on revelations from Kai, such as Hanyuu's character and Keichi's ability to see glimpses of other world lines. This show answers several "what ifs" that fans might want to know, and throws us for loops with certain totally unforseen and novel developments, e.i. our good detective in episode 14. The innovation of this series does not lie in completely original, new plot lines, but rather familiar ones, so that when you think you know how the arc will end the rug is pulled out from under you. I look forward to seeing where the show will go from here, and I'm even getting some steins;gate vibes from the show.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

Doonievan Jan 10, 2021

Not a big anime watcher but higurashi is a great series. I think the hate on this latest installment is misplaced