KuroOkami's avatar

• Stuck in Reality
  • Joined May 29, 2011

Domestic Girlfriend

Jan 22, 2019

I admit, my first contact with this work was through the anime that just started airing this season (Winter 2019). I'm a romantic by nature, so I tend to gravitate towards that genre, but I'm usually disappointed by the fact that most of the stories have to throw so much comedy into the mix that it just becomes unreasonable. After one episode of this anime though, I was hooked. It had everything, romance, comedy, drama, ecchi, but all told in a reasonable down-to-earth manner that was believable enough to think that it really could happen this way (I've lived long enough to see a lot of these things happen and know the old saying "Truth is stranger than fiction" is very true). I was so hooked that I couldn't wait for episode 2 to find out more, so I started reading.

It was impossible to put down, all the elements I mentioned before where there in an easy to read format that still somehow let you feel in the moment with the characters. Oh and the characters, I love them all. Yes, of course there are so stereotypes, but they still feel unique and different enough to not seem boring. Even when you know exactly what's gonna happen, you still can't help going on the journey with them because even knowing the ending, you don't want to miss a thing.

While I've never been the biggest reader (because I'm slow as hell), I couldn't put this story down and preferred to miss sleep just to know a little more. If you have even the slightest interest in the genre, I whole-hearted recommend Domestic Girlfriend as a must read. My only disappointment is in the fact that since it's not completed, I now have to wait to find out what happens next.

ElizaPt Jan 23, 2019

These are truly fantastic ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some nice factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.