Kingmoonbee's avatar

• Joined Apr 18, 2016
  • 26

Devilman: Crybaby

May 6, 2018

Devilman Crybaby certainly is not for the faint of hearts. This series is extremely rated R and should not be watched in a public place at all. After seeing this series, I feel that the meaning of the series can be missed entirely with the distractions of the sex, drugs, gore, and demons. This story deserves a 9 because of the metaphors and how thoughout the whole plot was. The animation was so-so, it wasn't the worse I have seen, but definitely could have been better. The sound was great and I loved the rappers that showed up every now and then with their songs (that also have metiphorical meanings as well!). The characters recieve a 10 because I feel that these characters very much represent people in real life and how they would react when faced with calamity. Additionally, it isn't known until you finish the series (spoilers?), but Ryo's character is beautifully thoughout and implemented. The viewers see Ryo through the eyes of Akira and to him Ryo is someone he loves and cherishes since childhood despite some of the worrying things he has done. His true nature isn't entirely apprent to the viewers until the end, and even then I found it hard to completely despise him and I feel that that is also how Akira feeles towards him.

TL;DR: If you like action and demons, give it a watch! If you like analyzing and finding meaning in everything, give it a watch!

You must be logged in to leave comments. or