Kaz88's avatar

Kaz88

• Joined Apr 24, 2020
  • 29

I didn't enjoy most of this anime.  The storyline wasn't bad and the music was good.  However for a music anime, it didn't feature that much music, especially in the first half.

The biggest problem I had with this anime was my dislike for most of the characters.  Daichi was a bit of a pervert, when Kyouya gets hit in the face Haruto basically says he deserved it because blaming the assult victim is okay.  Ritsu seems to just use people and not really care about anyone.  Nia is creepy, getting in Kanade's face and sneaking into her room and watching her sleep.

However I have the biggest issues with Kanade Kohinita.  She's extremely annoying and weak willed.  She spends alot of time sad, depressed, upset or crying.  Most of the male characters fall for her in two seconds and she constantly has to be defended and protected. Sei Amamiya tells her he basically stalked her, wants to fall in love with her and that she's now his girlfriend..... and instead of continuing to practice like she should be, she spends the rest of the day on a date with him. She's also suppose to be this fantastic violinist but she's constantly making mistakes through most of the anime.

The two characters I did really like are Kyouya and Chiaki.  Kyouya was a good character and I liked his growth but his watch dog/ lap dog behaviour towards Kanade was rather pathetic.  Chiaki was talented and entertaining, he also had a nice story and I like that he was honest about Kanade instead of basically wrapping her in a bubble like everyone else.

I wish these two characters had most time focused on them, instead of how they relate to Kanade.  I also wasn't a huge fan of Kanade's ring's 'magic powers' that created the illusions when they played music.  I also wish it was a little more music focused, there seems to be alot of teenagers just hanging out; eating, having a BBQ, at the beach, on a date etc.