KatharineOpal's avatar

KatharineOpal

• Joined Mar 7, 2020

Trigun Stampede

Mar 27, 2023

This series was AMAZING, and I am so hyped for its future of it with the confirmation of season two! I have never fully watched the original 98' Trigun anime nor read Trigun Maximum (though I have seen small bits of both), so I feel like I'm able to judge Stampede on its own merits. The animation is fantastic! The Land of the Lustrous and Beastars walked so Trigun Stampede could sprint. The animation for some scenes were absolutely insane, I felt like I couldn't look away, I was enraptured by how amazing it was! The sound design was also something that stood out to me over and over again. Studio Orange does an excellent job with even tiny details, and the sound design was no exception. The sound design for Vash's gun and the sound design for Wolfwood's weapon jumped out for me in the best way. They used the sound in a perfect way for both weapons to hammer home how powerful they are. The fight scenes were absolutely bonkers. I have replayed certain scenes from the season finale repeatedly just to soak up all the details. The design changes to the characters were also so well done. They managed to keep the essence of those characters' original designs while making the Stampede designs feel more modern. (Also, Vash's hair change for Stampede wasn't really that much of a change! The way his hair is in Stampede looks almost identical to how his hair looked when it was down in the original anime and manga.) The pacing of the season did stagger a tiny bit in the middle, but it's understandable. The original anime was 26 episodes long, and the new anime is only 12. That's a lot of plot to jam down into less than half of the original amount of episodes. They managed to do an amazing job, however! Seriously watch Trigun Stampede! It's a masterpiece of a series!

You must be logged in to leave comments. or