Kaori98's avatar

• Joined Oct 31, 2017
  • 24

Pulse

Nov 14, 2017

Pulse is Ratana Satis's 2nd work following her success of Lily Love. This webtoon focuses on the relationship between a doctor and a patient. It also has a sort of tragic ring to the story that I'm sure will attract and appeal to readers out there. This also includes a bit of mature content however it doesn't always focus on it. Painstaking and attractive is the perfect words to describe this webtoon comic. Pulse also includes plenty of cute interactions and comedic moments that help enhances the reader's enjoyment.

Plot/Story: Pulse's plot is definitely heart-capturing as it features a severly sick Lynn who views the world as a child and 'love' as something from a fantasy world that is beautiful. She's innocent but definitely not foolish, Lynn eventually falls head over heels for Mel (a well-known surgeon from the hospital she goes to) who is the complete opposite of her. Mel is your typical play girl who feels that love is nothing more but a tool for fun and games. She fools around with her co-workers using her charms to attract them. The base of the plot is strong with a 'sort of' tragic ring to it and that really adds to the element of the story. Interactions between both characters are cute and at the same time sexy. I rate 8.5/10.

Art: Ratana Satis is a thai artist that has made a name for herself. Her art has and always will be amazing, this is one level up from Lily Love (her 1st work) as Pulse comes in full colour. The attention given to the characters ae realistic and simple, yet alluring and beautiful. The artist really views art as the core of the comic as she pours her heart into drawing and creating them. The art style is unique and the characters are given a very mature touch to them. I absolutely love it. I rate 9/10.

Characters: The way both characters are matched up are just perfect. Usually a character lineup like this is quite common but Pulse made it work well. Character development is huge for Mel and focuses on how she eventually change herself because of how much she loves Lynn. The development is steady and amazing, to add on, it isn't being pushed on like other comics. I rate 8.5/10.

Overall: Pulse has a good and steady plot and is very well written, the artist does not try to rush over the story or attempt to extend the story more than it already is. On the upside this comic is already completed! An amazing work by an amazing artist. I rate 8.5/10.

Personal Opinion: Very much like any other Yuri comic out there Pulse is one of my personal favourite as the story is bright and colourful with a hint of angst including heart-wrenching moments. The character interactions can leave its viewers squeling in delight.

8.5/10 story