Kakajoju's avatar

Kakajoju

• Joined Oct 13, 2018

Jormungand

Nov 30, 2019

Jormungand is the story of an arms dealer called Koko and her group of mercenaries. The anime follows them as they sell weapons to various unimportant people, while it also uncovers the past and motivations for some of the mercenaries.

The first episode of the anime was a little confusing because it put you right in the arms dealer action, but thankfully the confusion doesn't carry over to the next episode.
Overall, I think that the story was okay. I'd definitely recommend it to someone who enjoys military-related shows.

The animation was your anime standard. Even though there was once a moment where I found the lip-sync way off when a character was laughing, it was okay.
What sometimes really bothered me was the fact that the characters had their mouths too far up when they were standing to the side.

I really like the OP and the ''her name is Koko she is loco'' song. The only minus I can say here is that one time the music was really distracting from what was happening and after that, I was distracted every time that one song played.

With the exception of the main characters Koko and Jonah, all of the mercenaries looked plain and uninteresting. And with the exception of Valmet, Jonah, Koko none of them really had distinctive personalities. +Sometimes they're protected with plot armor.

This review was done for the 2019 Secret Santa event.