KAG0ME's avatar

KAG0ME

• Joined Dec 25, 2018

Princess Mononoke

Feb 19, 2019

I love this movie sooooo much! I love the messages that are embeded into the story. This movie has plenty of action and amazing characters. i love how in this movie there is no true villain. Everyone has good and evil within them. I love how in this movie it conveys the corruption of hatred. There are two big themes in this and one of them enforces the other. In this movie there is the theme of deforestation. The humans during this time period are going through an Iron Age, and they are destroying the forest to mine for iron. This theme enforces the before mention theme of how hate corrupts. The deforestation is a representation of how hate destroys. I love the main characters San and Ashitaka. San is such a strong and fierce character that I can not help but love. I love how Ashitaka is a character who desires peace. It is kind of humorous when people are like, "Whose side is he on?" This is over all a fantastic film. There are so many things i love about it, and words can not adequitly express my love for this film. It is not only my favorite studio ghibli film, but it is my all time favorite movie.