JemXOX's avatar

JemXOX

• Joined Jul 13, 2016
  • 20

I never review anime but this was very surprising actually. I went into this thinking it would be similar to a boys version of School Idol Project, however was pleasantly surprised. Without giving too much away, the plot is completely unexpected with moments of angst, mystery and suspense. It's so original, I'm definately looking forward to the up-coming episodes.

The only downside to the plot I'd say is the current lack of direction, it isn't clear which story line is the main plot at this stage (Episode 9). I can identified what has the potential to be 3 different story lines with it only seeming to get more complex as it progresses. It is a must to watch every episode in order.

The songs are on the mature side for an anime which is very refreshing. I find a lot of Anime 'performance' songs to be too childish and girly, with them being too similar to each other. The songs in this show I could download and listen to like any other "real world" music.

Another bonus for shounen-ai/yaoi lovers such as myself, is while they aren't paired as cannon, the friendship between certain characters can be read as that if you so wished. Fan-service if you will.

I hope to see more plot in relation to the 'wall'/'white shadows' and Saku's powerful voice, and another song or two would be nice!

Second Season please!