Jehowi's avatar

• Bree City, Belgium
  • Joined Jan 5, 2013

My Hero Academia

Apr 26, 2016

I'm usually not the kind of person that rants and cries about everything, but after 4 episodes, I just couldn't keep myself together anymore. This is a shameless copy of One-Punch man, trying to cash in on its succes. Unfortunately, it's doing a bad job at it. The characters are even more ridiculous, the art style is worse - but still on a decent level though - and the story is absolute bullsh*t. There, I said the S-word in one of my reviews. Glad that's out of the way. I'm not going to waste any more words on this.

And stay out of the way of this anime. Whether you liked OPM or not, you'll probably dislike it anyway.

Edit: I decided to add something to my review which apparently makes it more 'helpful':

My Hero Academia is amazing! after watching 4 episodes i am in love with the series. It has everything you want in a good anime! It's funny, emotional, epic quality in both sound and animation, awesome fights and a very interesting story...AND IT'S ABOUT HEROES!!

I will tell you right now that if you like one punch man you will love this. Wait scratch that last bit, people don't like it to be compared with OPM.

This is probably going to be one of the best animes this season.

10/10 overall would watch again.

And to end on a more serious note, I'd like to add that mister Roriconfan, the best reviewer on Anime Planet, mentions in his One Punch Man Review that the show is exactly the same as Hero Academia --> http://www.anime-planet.com/users/roriconfan/reviews/21306

Case closed.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

stephontvx Jan 9, 2024

the mha fandom is super ass but the anime its not even fucking close to being a copy of one punch man just because they have powers/quirks doesnt fucking mean that its a copy of one punch man

ElijahLovesMe May 3, 2022

I don't agree with this at all.

I'm not some 5 year old, so I won't cry about it eventhough I really loved the anime.

I understand you have the right to make an opinion but wasn't that a lil bit too harsh?

Ah! Whatever this was so long ago, it's useless to even comment. Anyways, I think My Hero Academia is an amazing anime...

MG20010604 Sep 29, 2021

lol sao haters are really dumb too

Usagi01 Jun 26, 2021

I hate mha too, mostly because of the fandom and characters.