JashinLOVER's avatar

• Joined Aug 16, 2021
  • 24

Rent-a-Girlfriend

Aug 25, 2022

At first i liked this concept of Renting a GF. Something new, something fresh for me in anime world.

But i just couldnt finish it i got very quickly bored.

SPOILERS

Characters are nothing special - you can find many anime that have similiar faces like in this one. Story started cool around 3rd episode i got very bored and just cant get over 6th episode. Dont get me wrong i believe many people will like this anime. But i find nothing appealing on watching anime where is some teen 24/7 horn* for girls and he has to je*k off on their pics or his memories of the girls in bikinis etc. Story had potential but it just went to grave quickly. It is supposed to be some funny anime also but it did not bring me to laugh nor smile. I didnt get the vibe from it and it was quite pain for me. Also its nothing special - Main boy lead has issues w girls, falls for main girl lead and meanwhile his ex is trying to "win" his heart back. There is nothing special either. Anime locations such as beach, hot springs etc. I saw some h-anime that was very similiar to main girl lead and i just thought why this author did not make it as h-anime. Would be better than this.

Maybe in future ill give it a try but for now im dropping it and 2nd season is not happening. I wish we get more romance animes like Kaichou wa maid-sama n others. Imagine Rental girlfriend as pretty romance anime where main boy lead wants to win heart of his "rental girlfriend" ( Like Usui went on Misaki) just that sounds pretty cool and it would definitely make our hearts beat fast.

OP/Ending is fine - nothing special but not bad /  Seijuu voice actors are good and have nice voice. Animation is pretty - i like that this anime has that "sparkly" vibe. Cute drawings, design is good.

I would recomm it to someone who can laugh at anything and doesnt mind hor*y teenagers and ecchi. There is also 2nd season. Overall if u look for some fun and romance then keep searching.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or